Friday, December 13, 2013

A Break-up, Goodwill Shopping, Instagram & More!


So I put the Welcome // Get to Know Me video up. I had to cut it in half and I haven't yet uploaded the haul. I'll probably get a tutorial up that is basically finished (re: editing) before I tackle a fifteen minute video to being editing.

What I've really been doing lately is living on Instagram.
Making and saving pictures. Lots of pictures.


I've felt pretty down about some things and my emotions are just back & forth and up & down. I went to therapy today, which helped. I was running late, like usual, which didn't help. But then I went to Goodwill and there was this thing you could sign up for and it cost $5 -- normally I don't like those kinds of things, but they mail you $60 in coupons over the next year and for today, your purchase was half off. So I walked out of there with TONS of stuff for about $45.


I'm a big Goodwill person. I tend to find a lot of things there. I walked all the way around the store and found things like baskets to go on these shelves I have on the 3rd floor (that I'm still moving into) and I found a curling iron that was the size I've been needing. What I was really surprised to find was one of the 3-barrel waving irons. I'm not the biggest fan of them but I haven't owned one in over a decade. When I moved out of one apartment, I actually threw away the one I had bought and I've been kicking myself ever since, but I wasn't about to buy a new one and try to see if I could figure out a better (correct) way to use it. But for a buck fifty, sure!


So I'll be trying out different curls with these new sizes I have.
I also did my makeup differently today than I ever have before. It surprises me how I just kind of randomly keep doing new things. I mean, I'm not super young (like 16 or even 22) so you'd think I'd have learned it all by now. But I haven't. And I learn by teaching myself -- simply by doing what seems like it will work. It's really weird. But I guess if that weren't the case, I wouldn't have the YouTube channel, right?!


Speaking of, here's the link to the first lonely video that's there::


Also, I need to finish my post about why I titled my blog and my channel what I did.
Why I chose the word "bare." There are so many definitions and synonyms for the word and I just think it explains me so well.


The problem is that the depression part of my bipolar is coming out a bit, it seems like.
And my anxiety is pretty bad lately.

I did miss therapy last week, which is something I almost never do. And I missed my mindfulness group so on Tuesday (a couple of days ago), I had to start playing "catch-up." Then, even though therapy was good, it wasn't on track with what we've been trying to do ... it was also a session of filling her in on what's been going on.
Which is a lot. One thing is a break-up and I'm not even sure how I feel about it. I'm really not. It probably wasn't going to work in the long run anyway, but we both wanted it to. Until we didn't. And that changed overnight all the time. (Not really on my end, though.)


So I kind of had a bipolar relationship for the past year, along with having the disorder myself and the end of it was MAJORLY CLIMACTIC, leaving me with feelings to sort through. We won't talk again, after a few pieces of property are exchanged. I do know that for a fact. So that's really odd to me. I don't quite know how to process.

What I've been trying to do is organize everything. If I can't control all these crazy external things, I'll all least get all this paperwork and crap in order.
There's actually an 
Anaïs Nin quote about that ... I should try to find it.....


Anaïs Nin > Quotes > Quotable Quote

Anaïs Nin

“When I cannot bear outer pressures anymore, I begin to put order in my belongings...As if unable to organize and control my life, I seek to exert this on the world of objects.”


                         ― Anaïs Nin

I just found it on Goodreads. And I suppose that's it for now. I have nothing exciting to say and my kiddo is home and we're going to pick out a movie and figure out dinner. Also, I have a picture I want to create using this quote -- so I can put it on Instagram.
Speaking of Instagram, partly because of the weird break-up I just experienced, the actual real JAMES FRANCO (my girl's future step dad!) started following me.
He has close to a million followers but only follows between 1,600-1,700 people. I'm not sure what the count is now, but I was NUMBER 1,611!!!!!!!!!
It was one of the happiest experiences of my life.
If I  remember, I'll write a post on it. Or more like, if I get around to it. I am keeping a list of blog and video ideas and there are just sooooooo many. The curse of being a writer and having a zillion ideas pop into your head throughout the day :P

Peace and love,
-- Amy*

(not proofing this right now but I'll come back and do it, so just ignore typos and wrong words, please. this isn't my author blog so i don't feel obligated if i have other things to do right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment