Monday, January 1, 2018

I FINALLY Did It!!!

I made a YouTube video (aside from the one I filmed 4 years ago...). Or more like 8. Seven are published already and I've actually had more viewers than I would have thought given the fact I haven't done anything besides tweet the links (which creates no traffic that I can tell) and put my page link in my Instagram bio. I posted one Instagram post when my videos became monetized but, aside from that, nada for promotion. So I'm pleasantly surprised. Even if I only get 1 view per video, I'll be happy because then I didn't create it for nothing, but of course I'm hoping for more. My goal right now, to start, is to get 10 views per video and I've been achieving that and more so I'm really, really happy with how everything is starting.

Here's my YouTube link, btw:  BareBohemianBeauty 
Please go check it out and subscribe and view at least one video. The newer ones are better, of course. The one I posted this morning is my favorite so far. I do one take videos to eliminate editing, but I think that might change down the road. I just need to get a newer laptop. My MacBook won't update past 10.6.3 so my camera won't work with it. Boo to that... Anyway, a stop by and a subscription to my channel would be beyond greatly appreciated!! I will love you forever. And please comment below if you did stop by. I'd love to know who is seeing my content!

So I have a list in my notes on my phone of videos I want to create and I just posted a video this morning that I had scheduled because I was ahead. I already have one ready to post in two days so anything I film in the next couple of days will be more pre-filming. Which makes me really, really happy because I'm usually a procrastinator but I'm ahead of the game. And I'm having sooooo much fun creating content for the page that I have a feeling it will be more than a hobby, it will become an obsession. Kind of like writing. I wrote over half of my first book in just a few days, I was on such a roll! I get into something and I REALLY get into it. So yeah, that's my update.

Things need to be done around the house -- it's truly a complete disaster because I'm moving, slowly but surely. I have stacks of boxes in the living room and beauty room / library and my goal is to get through one towering stack a day. Kind of a lofty goal but I'm going to try. I took down the Christmas tree and all the decorations yesterday (except for the mistletoe because I can't reach it hahaha) and I organized the front coat closet and shoe area. I wonder what I'll get into today. Probably dishes. We have this bad habit of not unloading the dishwasher so the dirty dishes pile up in the sink instead of going into the dishwasher, where they should go. We really need better habits around here. It would make life so much easier. Especially since I haven't been feeling well lately at all.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on but I'm seeing my rheumatologist later this month and I'm super excited for the appointment because I haven't been in this much pain in years. And I can hardly do anything without getting super fatigued. I slept around seven hours last night but I know I'll have to take a nap later today. It's just so frustrating because I have the drive to do things, I just cannot physically do them. But enough of the pity party. I'm signing off so I can go get something else accomplished.

Peace out! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment